01 Feb 2018
Research article | 01 Feb 2018
Characterization of AVHRR global cloud detection sensitivity based on CALIPSO-CALIOP cloud optical thickness information: demonstration of results based on the CM SAF CLARA-A2 climate data record
Karl-Göran Karlsson and Nina Håkansson
Total article views: 1,818 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 15 Sep 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 15 Sep 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 1,742 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,733 with geography defined and 9 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,310 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,303 with geography defined and 7 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 432 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 430 with geography defined and 2 with unknown origin.
21 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Exploring the Cloud Top Phase Partitioning in Different Cloud Types Using Active and Passive Satellite Sensors O. Bruno et al. 10.1029/2020GL089863
- A Multisensor Approach to Global Retrievals of Land Surface Albedo A. Riihelä et al. 10.3390/rs10060848
- Global Cloud Detection for CERES Edition 4 Using Terra and Aqua MODIS Data Q. Trepte et al. 10.1109/TGRS.2019.2926620
- Inter-Comparison and Evaluation of the Four Longest Satellite-Derived Cloud Climate Data Records: CLARA-A2, ESA Cloud CCI V3, ISCCP-HGM, and PATMOS-x K. Karlsson & A. Devasthale 10.3390/rs10101567
- Distinct aerosol effects on cloud-to-ground lightning in the plateau and basin regions of Sichuan, Southwest China P. Zhao et al. 10.5194/acp-20-13379-2020
- The Cloud_cci simulator v1.0 for the Cloud_cci climate data record and its application to a global and a regional climate model S. Eliasson et al. 10.5194/gmd-12-829-2019
- Cloud Detection with Historical Geostationary Satellite Sensors for Climate Applications R. Stöckli et al. 10.3390/rs11091052
- Probabilistic Cloud Masking for the Generation of CM SAF Cloud Climate Data Records from AVHRR and SEVIRI Sensors K. Karlsson et al. 10.3390/rs12040713
- Changes in satellite-based cloud parameters in the Baltic Sea region during spring and summer (1982–2015) P. Post & M. Aun 10.5194/asr-17-219-2020
- Cloud-probability-based estimation of black-sky surface albedo from AVHRR data T. Manninen et al. 10.5194/amt-15-879-2022
- Evaluation of CLARA-A2 and ISCCP-H Cloud Cover Climate Data Records over Europe with ECA&D Ground-Based Measurements V. Tzallas et al. 10.3390/rs11020212
- Cloud Cover over the Arabian Peninsula from Global Remote Sensing and Reanalysis Products L. Yousef et al. 10.1016/j.atmosres.2020.104866
- Cloud detection over snow and ice with oxygen A- and B-band observations from the Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC) Y. Zhou et al. 10.5194/amt-13-1575-2020
- A simulator for the CLARA-A2 cloud climate data record and its application to assess EC-Earth polar cloudiness S. Eliasson et al. 10.5194/gmd-13-297-2020
- Dissecting effects of orbital drift of polar-orbiting satellites on accuracy and trends of climate data records of cloud fractional cover J. Bojanowski & J. Musiał 10.5194/amt-13-6771-2020
- Cloud Cover in the Australian Region: Development and Validation of a Cloud Masking, Classification and Optical Depth Retrieval Algorithm for the Advanced Himawari Imager Y. Qin et al. 10.3389/fenvs.2019.00020
- Dilated multi-scale cascade forest for satellite image classification M. Xia et al. 10.1080/01431161.2020.1763511
- CERES MODIS Cloud Product Retrievals for Edition 4—Part I: Algorithm Changes P. Minnis et al. 10.1109/TGRS.2020.3008866
- Calibration of global MODIS cloud amount using CALIOP cloud profiles A. Kotarba 10.5194/amt-13-4995-2020
- Machine learning-based retrieval of day and night cloud macrophysical parameters over East Asia using Himawari-8 data Y. Yang et al. 10.1016/j.rse.2022.112971
- Performance Assessment of the COMET Cloud Fractional Cover Climatology across Meteosat Generations J. Bojanowski et al. 10.3390/rs10050804
Latest update: 29 Jun 2022