The CopterSonde: an insight into the development of a smart unmanned aircraft system for atmospheric boundary layer research
Total article views: 2,710 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 23 Jan 2020)Views and downloads (calculated since 23 Jan 2020)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 2,710 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,369 with geography defined and 341 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,195 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,949 with geography defined and 246 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 515 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 420 with geography defined and 95 with unknown origin.
19 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Considerations for improving data quality of thermo-hygrometer sensors on board unmanned aerial systems for planetary boundary layer research A. Segales et al. 10.5194/amt-15-2607-2022
- Drone measurements of surface-based winter temperature inversions in the High Arctic at Eureka A. Tikhomirov et al. 10.5194/amt-14-7123-2021
- Low-level buoyancy as a tool to understand boundary layer transitions F. Lappin et al. 10.5194/amt-15-1185-2022
- Balloons and Quadcopters: Intercomparison of Two Low-Cost Wind Profiling Methods M. Varentsov et al. 10.3390/atmos12030380
- Gradient-Based Turbulence Estimates from Multicopter Profiles in the Arctic Stable Boundary Layer B. Greene et al. 10.1007/s10546-022-00693-x
- Wind Speed Measurement by an Inexpensive and Lightweight Thermal Anemometer on a Small UAV J. Inoue & K. Sato 10.3390/drones6100289
- Observations of the thermodynamic and kinematic state of the atmospheric boundary layer over the San Luis Valley, CO, using the CopterSonde 2 remotely piloted aircraft system in support of the LAPSE-RATE field campaign E. Pillar-Little et al. 10.5194/essd-13-269-2021
- Evaluation and Applications of Multi-Instrument Boundary-Layer Thermodynamic Retrievals E. Smith et al. 10.1007/s10546-021-00640-2
- Meteorological multi-rotor unmanned aerial complex and its application for monitoring of the atmosphere Y. Popov et al. 10.1088/1755-1315/1040/1/012006
- The DataHawk2 uncrewed aircraft system for atmospheric research J. Hamilton et al. 10.5194/amt-15-6789-2022
- Confronting the boundary layer data gap: evaluating new and existing methodologies of probing the lower atmosphere T. Bell et al. 10.5194/amt-13-3855-2020
- University of Nebraska unmanned aerial system (UAS) profiling during the LAPSE-RATE field campaign A. Islam et al. 10.5194/essd-13-2457-2021
- Development and characterization of a passive, bio-inspired flow-tracking sensor J. Galler & D. Rival 10.1088/1748-3190/acb02d
- A case study of evaluating the GRAPES_Meso V5.0 forecasting performance utilizing observations from South China Sea Experiment 2020 of the “Petrel Project” Z. Ma et al. 10.1016/j.atmosres.2022.106437
- Towards vertical wind and turbulent flux estimation with multicopter uncrewed aircraft systems N. Wildmann & T. Wetz 10.5194/amt-15-5465-2022
- Topographic and Landcover Influence on Lower Atmospheric Profiles Measured by Small Unoccupied Aerial Systems (sUAS) E. Prior et al. 10.3390/drones5030082
- The Innovative Strategies for Observations in the Arctic Atmospheric Boundary Layer Project (ISOBAR): Unique Finescale Observations under Stable and Very Stable Conditions S. Kral et al. 10.1175/BAMS-D-19-0212.1
- The Effect of Climatological Variables on Future UAS-Based Atmospheric Profiling in the Lower Atmosphere A. Jacobs et al. 10.3390/rs12182947
- Observations of the urban boundary layer in a cold climate city M. Varentsov et al. 10.1016/j.uclim.2022.101351
Latest update: 26 Sep 2023