16 Jul 2020
Research article | 16 Jul 2020
Confronting the boundary layer data gap: evaluating new and existing methodologies of probing the lower atmosphere
Tyler M. Bell et al.
Total article views: 1,716 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 10 Dec 2019)Views and downloads (calculated since 10 Dec 2019)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 1,610 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,572 with geography defined and 38 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,188 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,150 with geography defined and 38 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 422 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 422 with geography defined and 0 with unknown origin.
13 citations as recorded by crossref.
- The Status and Future of Small Uncrewed Aircraft Systems (UAS) in Operational Meteorology D. O’Sullivan et al. 10.1175/BAMS-D-20-0138.1
- Gradient-Based Turbulence Estimates from Multicopter Profiles in the Arctic Stable Boundary Layer B. Greene et al. 10.1007/s10546-022-00693-x
- Current and Future Uses of UAS for Improved Forecasts/Warnings and Scientific Studies G. McFarquhar et al. 10.1175/BAMS-D-20-0015.1
- Evaluation and Applications of Multi-Instrument Boundary-Layer Thermodynamic Retrievals E. Smith et al. 10.1007/s10546-021-00640-2
- Topographic and Landcover Influence on Lower Atmospheric Profiles Measured by Small Unoccupied Aerial Systems (sUAS) E. Prior et al. 10.3390/drones5030082
- Remote-sensing and radiosonde datasets collected in the San Luis Valley during the LAPSE-RATE campaign T. Bell et al. 10.5194/essd-13-1041-2021
- Distributed wind measurements with multiple quadrotor unmanned aerial vehicles in the atmospheric boundary layer T. Wetz et al. 10.5194/amt-14-3795-2021
- Data generated during the 2018 LAPSE-RATE campaign: an introduction and overview G. de Boer et al. 10.5194/essd-12-3357-2020
- Observations of the thermodynamic and kinematic state of the atmospheric boundary layer over the San Luis Valley, CO, using the CopterSonde 2 remotely piloted aircraft system in support of the LAPSE-RATE field campaign E. Pillar-Little et al. 10.5194/essd-13-269-2021
- Toward sustainable meteorological profiling in polar regions: Case studies using an inexpensive UAS on measuring lower boundary layers with quality of radiosondes J. Inoue & K. Sato 10.1016/j.envres.2021.112468
- Low-level buoyancy as a tool to understand boundary layer transitions F. Lappin et al. 10.5194/amt-15-1185-2022
- The CopterSonde: an insight into the development of a smart unmanned aircraft system for atmospheric boundary layer research A. Segales et al. 10.5194/amt-13-2833-2020
- Balloons and Quadcopters: Intercomparison of Two Low-Cost Wind Profiling Methods M. Varentsov et al. 10.3390/atmos12030380
Latest update: 08 Aug 2022